The Chapel, Trinity College, Oxford, 1885-6
The chapel of Trinity College, Oxford, rebuilt 1691-94, was glazed between 1885 and 1886 by the firm of James Powell and Sons, one of Victorian England's best and most prolific stained glass companies.
These fine windows, designed by J.W. Brown, depict saints relevant to the history of the college, founded in the late 14th-century by the Benedictines of Durham Cathedral.
The Trust was commissioned to contribute to a conservation strategy for the whole chapel, one of the finest Baroque interiors in England.
The report confirmed that although very dirty as a result of candle and gas lighting, the windows are generally in sound condition and can be cleaned very effectively while remaining in situ.